Knowledge to Grow Shaped Trees
was written by Peter Cook and Becky Northey, the world’s leading tree shapers. The knowledge contained in this book, is their answer to worldwide demand for Pooktre’s shaping method.
You will discover a whole new world:
Gives you the ability to live in harmony with trees.
- Grow a fantasy entrance to your garden.
- Some trees species should not be used. Find out which trees they are and why.
- You could waste years trying to find the right tree. This book shows you tests to find good candidates.
- If you don’t understand the importance of light, you could be staving your plants. Discover the role light plays in your garden and how to make the best use of its energy.
- Before you start deciding your trees’ future, choose if it is to remain living or be harvested. Different lores apply.
- Designing is one of the most troublesome areas for most people. Designing is key to successful shaped trees. This book gives you the fundamentals of designing with tree lore and two step by step projects which demonstrate the principles in action. One is growing a person tree the other is growing a harvested mirror.
- Understand why trees react the way they do – they are amazing beings.
- Learn the unique quality of the shaping zone, the key to balance, understanding trees, how they move and why.
- For a harvested piece, learn about seasoning, wood humidity, air humidity, and more. Dry is not dry – find out why.
- Do you believe grafting is difficult? With this book gain knowledge of when and how to graft. How the cambium becomes a glue of living cells.
- Wind is a major destructive force. Find out how to deal with the element of wind.
- Have a garden with uniquely shaped trees that delights yourself and visitors.
- Grow a legacy for the children of tomorrow.
- Enhance your gardening skills by understanding tree lore.
The digital book Knowledge to Grow Shaped Trees
Pooktre believe we can all make a difference, this is one of the small ways they have chosen help others.
Imagine the feelings if at age 28 you are diagnosed with advanced, inoperable cervical cancer that required aggressive treatments. That’s exactly what happened to our editor Sher Matsen’s daughter Shawnna-Lee Taylor. The family already faced a heavy financial burden with Sher’s husband completely disabled from a massive heart attack earlier. That’s where Pooktre come in. They are donating 7% of their profits of each book sold to help Shawnna financially – medications, travel, accommodations, and just surviving. Shawnna has a message for all women, “Get your Pap Smear it could save your life.”
Knowledge to Grow Shaped Trees is years of practical real knowledge by the world’s leading tree shapers. This book is 184 pages full of detailed information. Over 350+ images and step by guide of how to grow shaped trees.
Pooktre also wants to help you.
After they finished writing Knowledge to Grow Shaped Trees they wanted to help this knowledge spread and grow. They decided the best way was create Pooktre extras filled with content that people had been asking them for.
Some things You need to Consider
Before you start
is a white paper discussing long-term considerations to help you plan your future enjoyment of tree shaping.
Trees to Consider for Shaping
is a knowledgeable guide full of images of trees categorised into groups according to their potential for tree shaping, which will give you a head start with your projects. This resource could save you years of researching tree species.
This $370.00 bonus is in direct response to questions about how to grow Pooktre’s living garden chair. The original design was an experiment started in 1998. If Pooktre were to grow this chair today the design would be modified.To encourage good design understanding and wanting to get you started with our latest knowledge, Pooktre has created an updated and modified garden chair design. This chair will grow evenly and well balanced over the long term, with the capacity for personalization.
As part of this bonus there will be the design plans, three dimensional images of the garden chair and a short video about a few different ideas of how to modify this design. This new garden chair design was created especially for people who purchase this book.
Now before you buy, make sure that you’ve read our legal documentation (links at the bottom of this page), checked out the bonus above, the sample pages below and most importantly, understand that as a digital product, we do not offer refunds on it. Peter and Becky decided to only have a digital book as they are encouraging people to grow trees not cut them down to make books. This virtual flip book, comes available to both p.c and mac. The P.C version is downloadable to your computer, the Mac version is hosted online and can be access with Mac, mobile readers and P.C. Cool huh?The price for Knowledge to Grow Shaped Trees $32.00 but may change as we deploy new features and functionality.
What the experts are saying about Pooktre and their book
Full of useful information, this is no dry text book, and the pictures used to explain and demonstrate the various techniques (and to show the finished products) provide plenty of evidence that the advice given has indeed been gained from practical experience.As anyone who has worked with living trees will know, this whole process must take it’s time, and you must have the patience to work in the long term. With the help of this book however, even a novice grower and trainer can start with the advantage of many years experience.
Dr Chris Cattle the leading British tree shaper Read more
That’s what I would call a growing investment.
Jamie Durrie’s comment about Pooktre when their trees appeared on the TV show Australia’s Best Back Yard. Channel 7
Pook and Becky have achieved and written about the wild Plum in this book are invaluable lessons and observations that will be much appreciated by anyone wanting to work with trees. A debt of gratitude should be offered for the hard won wisdom, tricks of the trade and short cuts they so generously offer.
Dan Ladd the leading American tree shaper Read more
Knowledge to Grow Shaped Trees creates a platform to allow individuals with no previous experience to begin shaping trees into all kinds of fantasy shapes and useful items. It encourages people to live in harmony with the environment. The authors do a fantastic job of leading you step-by-step through the process of creating shaped trees. From the start, choosing the tree type, to finish, enjoying the finished piece of art, you won’t be disappointed. This book demonstrates that trees are dynamic living beings and what can be achieved when you cooperate with them. Below is a small sample of what is in this powerful book.
The digital book Knowledge to Grow Shaped Trees
is $32.00 Get it today.
Book extracts below